Large Stewart Royal Red Tartan Leather Dog Collar - 1 1/4 inches wide
This is a traditional style flat dog collar made from very high quality English leather, produced in Walsall.
- Padded with a traditional Highland tartan known as Stewart Royal, with red, green, black, blue and white colours. The tartan I use is produced in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Comes in 3 Widths (3/4”, 1” and 1 1/4”)
- Custom made to measure. Allow 3 working days
- The leather used is a premium grade, full grain, vegetable tanned shoulder and comes in a selection of colours. They all have a water proof coating and finish (Please be aware that the dark brown leather is very dark and looks almost black in certain lighting).
- The collars are hand saddle stitched with your choice of waxed thread, which is made in Devon.
Saddle stitch is a technique traditionally used in equine equipment, so the collar can withstand a lot of heavy duty activities. The hardware used is a traditional style, and is made in Knutsford.
The designer treats all the leather collars with softening oils and beeswax so it retains its quality and resistance to certain elements.
We will contact you once you have made your purchase to confirm choice of colours and hardware for the leather, thread and buckle.
- Buckle: Brass or Nickle.
- Thread colours are: Red, Cream, Dark Bottle Green, Chocolate Brown, Black.
- Leather colours are: Dark Brown, Whiskey, Conker.
This large sized collar is 1 1/4 inch wide. If you would like a different width of either 3/4 inch or 1 inch and different length, please use the links below.
To measure your dog
Take a tape measure, and measure around the neck where the collar should naturally sit (you can also measure a pre-existing collar that fits your dog correctly). Make sure you are able to fit 2 fingers comfortably between your dog and the tape measure and record the size in inches. This is where I will place the centre hole in your bespoke collar, there are 2 inches (slightly less on smaller sizes) either side to allow for fluctuations in size and weight.
. Please be aware that the tartan pattern may slightly differ from the collars in the photograph examples, this is due to the variation of pattern on the tartan.
. As this product is made to order, please be aware it can take up to 3 days to complete before your order is posted to you.
. Please do not let your dog collar get too saturated with water, or get too hot. This could cause it to lose its supple quality and make it brittle.
.Collar care instructions included with your order.