We are very proud to support the #GreatDogWalkTogether. It was launched in June 2018. The Great Dog Walk Together website is a place where you can promote your dog walks for FREE!
The aim of the #GreatDogWalkTogether is to encourage people and organisations to arrange community walks, invite everyone to join in, with or without a dog, and enjoy the company of others to promote wellbeing.
Our launch supported the Great Get Together initiative, which was set up by the Jo Cox Foundation to encourage people to get together and celebrate what they have in common.
What could be simpler than arranging a walk to start a conversation? All you have to do is decide where you want to walk and invite others to join in. We have created a dedicated website where you can post details of your walk for FREE.
We also provide dog walk organisers with a list of suggestions for how you can promote your walk. Nobody who wants company should be without it.
These walks can involve small groups meeting locally for a short walk around your neighbourhood streets or a longer walk in a nearby park or surrounding countryside. It doesn’t need to be a large gathering. It’s for everyone across the country to get involved with and you don’t even need a dog to take part. We simply want to find a way for more people to spend more time outdoors enjoying the company of dogs and others.
How to get involved?
- Visit the Great Dog Walk Together website where you can post details of a walk you wish to arrange or find out about walks taking place
- Sign up to our newsletter to receive regular updates
- Join our Great Dog Walk Together Facebook group
- Follow us, like us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date with the campaign
- Tag #GreatDogWalkTogether in your updates so we can engage with you too, share your messages, images and videos.